Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iMessage not Connecting Properly on Mac

My MacBook Air's (which is brand new) messages is not syncing properly with my messages from my iPhone. On iCloud, my phone number is all set up. However, on my laptop, when I go to messages > preferences > iMessage > "you can be reached by," my phone number is not listed. As well, when I text from my laptop, people receive my messages from my account email, not my phone number. Essentially, my Mac's messages is only connected to my iCloud email, and it won't connect to my phone number (even though it's verified on iCloud).

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 11.2

Posted on Aug 7, 2021 3:23 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 8, 2021 11:19 AM

Hello jenwendell164.

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities. It sounds like you'd like to add your phone number when using iMessage on your Mac. Allow us to assist. We have a helpful resource we'd like to share with you below:

Add or remove your phone number in Messages or FaceTime - Apple Support

You'll want to make sure that you add your phone number on your iOS device by following the steps listed within the resource. Once you've done that, you should be able to follow the steps listed under "Turn your phone number on or off for your Mac". You'll find the steps listed on how to use your phone number. If for whatever reason these steps don't help resolve your issue, you might want to consider reaching out to Apple Support for assistance. Just in case, you can use the link below to reach them:

Get Support

We hope this information is useful. Cheers.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 8, 2021 11:19 AM in response to jenwendell164

Hello jenwendell164.

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities. It sounds like you'd like to add your phone number when using iMessage on your Mac. Allow us to assist. We have a helpful resource we'd like to share with you below:

Add or remove your phone number in Messages or FaceTime - Apple Support

You'll want to make sure that you add your phone number on your iOS device by following the steps listed within the resource. Once you've done that, you should be able to follow the steps listed under "Turn your phone number on or off for your Mac". You'll find the steps listed on how to use your phone number. If for whatever reason these steps don't help resolve your issue, you might want to consider reaching out to Apple Support for assistance. Just in case, you can use the link below to reach them:

Get Support

We hope this information is useful. Cheers.

iMessage not Connecting Properly on Mac

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.