Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iMessage on my new MacMini

My iMessage works for "all" phone texting/messaging on my MacBook Air, but now that I have my new MacMini up and running, it is only sending to iPhone users and it is timing out on Non-iPhone messages / texts.

I have confirmed all devices are on the same iCloud accounts and I have looked at the settings on my MacBook Air and compared them to my MacMini, and it does not seem to be any different on the settings. Also both machines are up-to-date running the same version of macOS Big Sur.

Thanks you in advance,

Antone

Mac mini, macOS 11.3

Posted on Jun 1, 2021 12:12 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 2, 2021 10:19 AM

Hi AEek,

Thanks for your post in Apple Support Communities!

You will need to select your new Mac mini to allow text message forwarding. On your iPhone go to Settings > Messages > Text Message Forwarding > Enable Mac mini. You can find more information about how text message forwarding works in this article: How to forward SMS/MMS text messages from your iPhone to your iPad, iPod touch or Mac.

Best Wishes.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 2, 2021 10:19 AM in response to AEek

Hi AEek,

Thanks for your post in Apple Support Communities!

You will need to select your new Mac mini to allow text message forwarding. On your iPhone go to Settings > Messages > Text Message Forwarding > Enable Mac mini. You can find more information about how text message forwarding works in this article: How to forward SMS/MMS text messages from your iPhone to your iPad, iPod touch or Mac.

Best Wishes.

iMessage on my new MacMini

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.