Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Music stops playing whenever I open Facebook.

If anyone faces this issue, just deactivate the auto play video. It means just turn it off. Restart the Facebook app. And solved!!

Posted on Aug 7, 2021 6:03 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 25, 2022 2:32 PM

All the answers here are wrong.

The only reason turning off the camera or mic works is because that causes the app to restart, which fixes the issue, until you play another video and you're back to square one.

You don't need to restart - you just need to force-quit the Facebook app. It will be fine until you play any media within the fb app again.

Facebook needs to fix this, not Apple.

49 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 25, 2022 2:32 PM in response to mth7

All the answers here are wrong.

The only reason turning off the camera or mic works is because that causes the app to restart, which fixes the issue, until you play another video and you're back to square one.

You don't need to restart - you just need to force-quit the Facebook app. It will be fine until you play any media within the fb app again.

Facebook needs to fix this, not Apple.

Feb 22, 2022 10:31 AM in response to mth7

It’s blatantly obvious why the music your playing stops and no you can’t stop this from happening by messing with Facebook settings it doesn’t work following those futile instructions . Apple could make there settings work as they should do but there not going to that as that would mean you had control of your own apple device and that would never do ,just received an email from them which contained a file for me to open and view ( but my £600 apple device isn’t compatible, this file was sent from apple to an apple device) so I couldn’t read it . it beggars belief the Controlling arrogance My £600 ipad is absolutely fabulous shame though I’d like to control it how I want I’m sure someone else must think the same !!!!!!!

Oct 28, 2021 2:54 PM in response to mth7

On my iPad the Facebook “never autoplay video” radio button is already selected. In fact, I couldn’t de-select it. The problem of music turning off when I open FB has just started, I didn’t change any settings but it started happening. Previously music only stopped if I played a video or other sound source from within FB.

Music stops playing whenever I open Facebook.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.