Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Backing up an old iPhone 6

I have an old iPhone 6 and I'm trying to back it up to my MAC. When I plug it into my MAC, it doesn't give me the usual simple instructions for back-up. It has been a couple of year since I last backed it up. Do I need to do something different?

iPhone 6, iOS 12

Posted on Aug 7, 2021 8:14 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 7, 2021 8:25 PM

Glennb18 Said:

"Backing up an old iPhone 6: I have an old iPhone 6 and I'm trying to back it up to my MAC. When I plug it into my MAC, it doesn't give me the usual simple instructions for back-up. It has been a couple of year since I last backed it up. Do I need to do something different?"

-------

Backing Up is No Different:

No. Nothing is be different about the method to back up. Aside from using a Mac, you can try backing up using iCloud or a PC instead. Go more to learn more: How to Back Up your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch - Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 7, 2021 8:25 PM in response to Glennb18

Glennb18 Said:

"Backing up an old iPhone 6: I have an old iPhone 6 and I'm trying to back it up to my MAC. When I plug it into my MAC, it doesn't give me the usual simple instructions for back-up. It has been a couple of year since I last backed it up. Do I need to do something different?"

-------

Backing Up is No Different:

No. Nothing is be different about the method to back up. Aside from using a Mac, you can try backing up using iCloud or a PC instead. Go more to learn more: How to Back Up your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch - Apple Support

Backing up an old iPhone 6

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.