Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My AirPods Pro sensor is not working as expected

There weren’t any problems with my AirPods Pro until recently, when I was trying to connect my AirPods with my iPad. When I tried to use Noise Cancellation, my iPad said to “Place both AirPods into your ears”. But the AirPods were already in my ears. So I tried cleaning the sensors and turning on/off the Automatic Ear Detection button, but still, my AirPods wouldn’t detect my ears.

I rely on my AirPod and other Apple devices to a great extent, and uses them frequently. Is my AirPods the problem, or is something else wrong?

PS: I considered about how my iPad might be wrong. However, that is not the case (I tried connecting my AirPods on another device; the same error occurred)

iPad Air, iPadOS 14

Posted on Aug 7, 2021 10:02 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 8, 2021 4:39 PM

Good afternoon SNAM00,

Welcome to the Apple Support Communities!

It sounds like you are having an issue with your AirPods Pro, and we'd like to help.

The resources below will provide some guidance:

How to reset your AirPods and AirPods Pro

If Active Noise Cancellation isn't working as expected on your AirPods Pro

"If Active Noise Cancellation still isn't working as expected, refer to AirPods Pro Service Program for Sound Issues."

Take care.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 8, 2021 4:39 PM in response to SNAM00

Good afternoon SNAM00,

Welcome to the Apple Support Communities!

It sounds like you are having an issue with your AirPods Pro, and we'd like to help.

The resources below will provide some guidance:

How to reset your AirPods and AirPods Pro

If Active Noise Cancellation isn't working as expected on your AirPods Pro

"If Active Noise Cancellation still isn't working as expected, refer to AirPods Pro Service Program for Sound Issues."

Take care.

My AirPods Pro sensor is not working as expected

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.