Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Having The Same Problem With AirPods Pro Not Auto Detecting I have Them In My Ears

When I try the ear fit test or try to change to noise cancellation, it prompts me with that message to put the AirPods in your ears (yet both are already in). I tried the unpairing-charge for a few minutes-repair recommendation. It didn't work.

I tried turning off 'auto detect' and that allows everything to work fine. I was able to use the ear fit test and change them to noice cancellation.

The auto isn't important but I'd like to get it working. My iPhone 11 is on 14.6

iPhone 11

Posted on Jun 22, 2021 3:52 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 22, 2021 4:08 PM

Hello,

I see you are having issues with auto detection for your AirPods Pro.

I will gladly do my best to try to resolve this issue.

Firstly, make sure the AirPods are completely clean. Something as simple as cleaning the AirPods can resolve the issue.

Next, try resetting them. To do so, follow these instructions:

Place both AirPods Pro into the charging case > Hold the back button until the light flashes amber three times, then turns white > your AirPods have then been reset.

After re-connect them to your device.

Finally, the last thing you could try is to forget them from your device, to do so follow the instructions:

Navigate to your Settings app > Click Bluetooth > Find your AirPods Pro > Click the i icon > Click Forget device

After, pair them again with your device.

I hope those resolve your issue! :)

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 22, 2021 4:08 PM in response to Tim_4_All

Hello,

I see you are having issues with auto detection for your AirPods Pro.

I will gladly do my best to try to resolve this issue.

Firstly, make sure the AirPods are completely clean. Something as simple as cleaning the AirPods can resolve the issue.

Next, try resetting them. To do so, follow these instructions:

Place both AirPods Pro into the charging case > Hold the back button until the light flashes amber three times, then turns white > your AirPods have then been reset.

After re-connect them to your device.

Finally, the last thing you could try is to forget them from your device, to do so follow the instructions:

Navigate to your Settings app > Click Bluetooth > Find your AirPods Pro > Click the i icon > Click Forget device

After, pair them again with your device.

I hope those resolve your issue! :)

Having The Same Problem With AirPods Pro Not Auto Detecting I have Them In My Ears

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.