Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPad OS 14.7.1 cannot swipe notifications anymore

Ever since the 14.7 update I cannot swipe my notifications left or right anymore, when I do the entire screen moves left or right.

iPad Air 3, iPadOS 14

Posted on Aug 8, 2021 4:37 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 9, 2021 7:16 AM

Hi there!

We're glad you've reached out through Apple Support Communities for help with this behavior you're experiencing since updating your iPad. Let's get to the bottom of it together.

So that we understand correctly, please let us know more about what's going on. Is this occurring when you attempt to swipe a notification on the Lock Screen, or does it happen when viewing notifications in Notification Center in any app or on the Home Screen?

If you haven't already tried restarting your iPad, let us know if the issue persists after doing so. Here's a guide with the recommended steps for a standard restart:

Restart your iPad - Apple Support

If the issue persists, let us know if you're experiencing any similar unpredictable touch behavior at other times, such as when using apps or taking any other specific steps.

Have a great day!

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 9, 2021 7:16 AM in response to Amazin' Mac Mini

Hi there!

We're glad you've reached out through Apple Support Communities for help with this behavior you're experiencing since updating your iPad. Let's get to the bottom of it together.

So that we understand correctly, please let us know more about what's going on. Is this occurring when you attempt to swipe a notification on the Lock Screen, or does it happen when viewing notifications in Notification Center in any app or on the Home Screen?

If you haven't already tried restarting your iPad, let us know if the issue persists after doing so. Here's a guide with the recommended steps for a standard restart:

Restart your iPad - Apple Support

If the issue persists, let us know if you're experiencing any similar unpredictable touch behavior at other times, such as when using apps or taking any other specific steps.

Have a great day!

iPad OS 14.7.1 cannot swipe notifications anymore

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.