Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Applications appearing in Launchpad but not the Applications Folder

I am trying to delete some applications which are on the Launchpad. I have tried holding down the app icon in Launchpad until the "x" appears so that i can delete. The "x" doesn't appear but does on others. So I navigate to the applications folder via Finder, but the application is not in there. How can I delete???

iMac 27″, macOS 10.14

Posted on Aug 8, 2021 7:13 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 8, 2021 7:17 AM

have you attempted doing this action while booted in to Safe Mode - shift immediately at restart. will load slowly - normal. does a repair disk, clear cache files and only loads apple software, extension and fonts.

5 replies

Aug 8, 2021 7:20 AM in response to Gray1964

Gray1964 wrote:

I am trying to delete some applications which are on the Launchpad. I have tried holding down the app icon in Launchpad until the "x" appears so that i can delete. The "x" doesn't appear but does on others. So I navigate to the applications folder via Finder, but the application is not in there. How can I delete???

If it is in your Launch Pad, it is in your Application folder.

How to delete apps on your Mac - Apple Support

Aug 8, 2021 7:27 AM in response to leroydouglas

Interesting - had the " Install Big Sur " full installer version downloaded via terminal and sitting in Application folder.

After running the installer, the application itself vanished from application folder - expected - but still appearing in launchpad.

Removed as per the original posters method though. head scratching :-)

Applications appearing in Launchpad but not the Applications Folder

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.