Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Personal hotspot via wi-fi stop working after some time.

if organize personal hotspot via wi-fi and leave notebook for a while iphone will disconnect. to connect back i have to turn wi-fi off at my notebook or PC or other devices, then turn it on and connect back.

That's awfull.

I have this problem since ios 12 and it's not fexed yet.

I reported about it before to apple feedback but with no response.

Posted on Aug 8, 2021 7:36 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 8, 2021 7:54 PM

If the wi-fi is not actively transferring data and the iPhone is not plugged in, then the Personal Hotspot will disconnect. This is not an error, it is by design. It is also possible that the laptop's wi-fi will disconnect if the laptop goes to sleep as well in power saving mode. That is something you would have to check in the laptop's settings.

Similar questions

7 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 8, 2021 7:54 PM in response to Aleksandrthefirst

If the wi-fi is not actively transferring data and the iPhone is not plugged in, then the Personal Hotspot will disconnect. This is not an error, it is by design. It is also possible that the laptop's wi-fi will disconnect if the laptop goes to sleep as well in power saving mode. That is something you would have to check in the laptop's settings.

Aug 8, 2021 9:39 PM in response to Aleksandrthefirst

Aleksandrthefirst Said:

"Personal hotspot via wi-fi stop working after some time. if organize personal hotspot via wi-fi and leave notebook for a while iphone will disconnect. to connect back i have to turn wi-fi off at my notebook or PC or other devices, then turn it on and connect back. That's awfull. I have this problem since ios 12 and it's not fexed yet. I reported about it before to apple feedback but with no response."

-------

Refer to the link provided atop this post.

Personal hotspot via wi-fi stop working after some time.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.