Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

App cannot open files in the “iCloud synchronization file” format.

Is this a bug in the latest macOS 11.5.1? Apps no longer seem to be able to open iCloud files.

Posted on Aug 9, 2021 1:56 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 9, 2021 2:57 AM

Which apps are you asking about in particular? Have all your apps been updated to be fully compatible with macOS 11.51.1? Some of my older apps, like FileMaker Pro 16, can only open its files, if I ensure the file has been fully downloaded. It works well, when I double-click the database to open it in FileMaker Pro, but not, when I try to select the file in FileMaker Pro. Try to ensure, all files you want to open habe been downloaded and pass them to the app by ctrl-clicking and "Open with", instead of opening them from within the app.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 9, 2021 2:57 AM in response to duncang

Which apps are you asking about in particular? Have all your apps been updated to be fully compatible with macOS 11.51.1? Some of my older apps, like FileMaker Pro 16, can only open its files, if I ensure the file has been fully downloaded. It works well, when I double-click the database to open it in FileMaker Pro, but not, when I try to select the file in FileMaker Pro. Try to ensure, all files you want to open habe been downloaded and pass them to the app by ctrl-clicking and "Open with", instead of opening them from within the app.

App cannot open files in the “iCloud synchronization file” format.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.