Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

MacBook Air wouldn't list any wifi

My Mac wouldn't list any wifi. I tried everything.

1. Tried resetting PRAM/NVRAM
  2. Tried resetting SMC
  3. Tried connecting in Safe mode
  4. Tried apple diagnostic test at startup using (cmd + D)
  5. mac wouldn't connect to wifi
  6. Clean install of Mac OS BigSur

None of them worked !! I'm frustrated now.

I have attached the snapshots for further details.

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 12.0

Posted on Aug 9, 2021 5:25 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 9, 2021 6:06 AM

Three things to try.

First, you may have done this already, select WiFi in the list on the left and then at the bottom, click the "-" to remove it. Reboot or actually shut down, then open Network preferences again and try adding WiFi again.

If that fails, in Network Preferences "Location" dropdown, select new location. Add a new one and give it a name. Then try Re-enabling and connecting to WiFi. You will need to re-enter any passwords required to connect.

The third thing if the above fail, create a new administrator account. Reboot, and log into the new account. See if you can get WiFi working doing that. This would indicate that somehow the network preferences in your account were corrupted if this step works.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 9, 2021 6:06 AM in response to aniket11bh

Three things to try.

First, you may have done this already, select WiFi in the list on the left and then at the bottom, click the "-" to remove it. Reboot or actually shut down, then open Network preferences again and try adding WiFi again.

If that fails, in Network Preferences "Location" dropdown, select new location. Add a new one and give it a name. Then try Re-enabling and connecting to WiFi. You will need to re-enter any passwords required to connect.

The third thing if the above fail, create a new administrator account. Reboot, and log into the new account. See if you can get WiFi working doing that. This would indicate that somehow the network preferences in your account were corrupted if this step works.

MacBook Air wouldn't list any wifi

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.