Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I updated my ipad air to IOS14.7.1 now when I plug in headphones Dolby atmos turns off

I updated iPad air to IOS14.7.1 now dolby atmos turns off when I plug in headphones, same problem with iPhone 6S plus

iPad Air, iPadOS 14

Posted on Aug 9, 2021 9:21 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 15, 2021 2:42 AM

Hello Pauliespimple.

Unfortunately, Apple should already know the issue because there are several people having same issue, including me.

I've already called Apple support, and telling them the issue very in detail.

However, my case was just only transfer to upper level support. and honestly their support was (sorry) really poor.

I tested like below with my iOS 14.7.1.

Setting of Atmos -> Always ON

Rebooted, reseted, turned off Mono Mode Everything done according to Apple Support.

-> Without any headphones -> Works fine

-> With Air Pods(First GEN) -> Works fine

-> With BOSE QC2 -> No Atmos Logo

-> With Momentum Wireless 3 -> No Atmos Logo

-> With Momentum True Wireless 2 -> No Atmos Logo

-> With Apple Genuine Earphones (With Lightning Plug) -> No Atmos Logo

-> With Apple Lightning- > Audio Plug Convertor -> No Atmos Logo

Apple Support telling me it's compatible issue. and they shown following URL.

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT212182

They told me only following headsets support Atmos.

Supported songs automatically play in Dolby Atmos when you're listening with:
- AirPods, AirPods Pro, or AirPods Max
BeatsX, Beats Solo3 Wireless, Beats Studio3, Powerbeats3 Wireless, Beats Flex, Powerbeats Pro, Beats Solo Pro, or Beats Studio Buds
The built-in speakers on a MacBook Pro (2018 model or later), MacBook Air (2018 model or later), or iMac (2021 model)

However, as you see in the link, thins is a compatibility list of Automatic Atmos playback function.

Unbelievably, all of Apple support genius had same miss understanding.

So make a long story short, Apple hasn't fixed this issue so far,

and at the moment, as a result, they simply banned all of the Third party headsets from Atmos function.

To be honest, I'm quite disappointing about their poor support.

I'll seriously think about switching AppleMusic to Spotify if Apple doesn't solve this issue in next iOS release.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 15, 2021 2:42 AM in response to Pauliespimple

Hello Pauliespimple.

Unfortunately, Apple should already know the issue because there are several people having same issue, including me.

I've already called Apple support, and telling them the issue very in detail.

However, my case was just only transfer to upper level support. and honestly their support was (sorry) really poor.

I tested like below with my iOS 14.7.1.

Setting of Atmos -> Always ON

Rebooted, reseted, turned off Mono Mode Everything done according to Apple Support.

-> Without any headphones -> Works fine

-> With Air Pods(First GEN) -> Works fine

-> With BOSE QC2 -> No Atmos Logo

-> With Momentum Wireless 3 -> No Atmos Logo

-> With Momentum True Wireless 2 -> No Atmos Logo

-> With Apple Genuine Earphones (With Lightning Plug) -> No Atmos Logo

-> With Apple Lightning- > Audio Plug Convertor -> No Atmos Logo

Apple Support telling me it's compatible issue. and they shown following URL.

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT212182

They told me only following headsets support Atmos.

Supported songs automatically play in Dolby Atmos when you're listening with:
- AirPods, AirPods Pro, or AirPods Max
BeatsX, Beats Solo3 Wireless, Beats Studio3, Powerbeats3 Wireless, Beats Flex, Powerbeats Pro, Beats Solo Pro, or Beats Studio Buds
The built-in speakers on a MacBook Pro (2018 model or later), MacBook Air (2018 model or later), or iMac (2021 model)

However, as you see in the link, thins is a compatibility list of Automatic Atmos playback function.

Unbelievably, all of Apple support genius had same miss understanding.

So make a long story short, Apple hasn't fixed this issue so far,

and at the moment, as a result, they simply banned all of the Third party headsets from Atmos function.

To be honest, I'm quite disappointing about their poor support.

I'll seriously think about switching AppleMusic to Spotify if Apple doesn't solve this issue in next iOS release.

Aug 9, 2021 11:46 AM in response to Pauliespimple

I have this same issue, except with wireless Bose headphones. I noticed that Dolby Atmos was turning off when a song started playing with the badge, only for it to disappear once I connected my headphones. These headphones worked extremely well with Dolby Atmos before the update for iOS and it is very disappointing to have that change. Frankly it was an exciting feature and I miss how my music sounded when it was working.

I updated my ipad air to IOS14.7.1 now when I plug in headphones Dolby atmos turns off

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.