Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I need to purchase more storage space

I need to purchase more storage space.

iPhone XS Max, iOS 14

Posted on Aug 9, 2021 10:26 PM

2 replies

Aug 9, 2021 10:33 PM in response to Pco172

Pco172 Said:

"I need to purchase more storage space."

-------

Try Clearing Space:

Internal storage is what it is. It is built in to the iPhone. Therefore, It cannot be increased. So, try clearing internal storage:

A. Clear Temporary Internet Files:

Clear your Temporary Internet Files(Cookies & Cache) of Safari:

Also...

B. Clean TV and Music Libraries:

Remove all unneeded files from your TV and Music Libraries. Full-Movies take up 2-4GB typically, and a bunch of those would take up a load of storage, ideally. So, if you have any movies that are not needed, then delete them.

Also..

C. Clear "Other":

Clear the storages named "Other". It basically contains unnecessary files such as caches that are used for system ease of use - all of which gather over time: How to Clear "Other" in your iPhone's Storage - Use Backup - User Tips. Caches would be being used for remembrance of application use.

Aug 9, 2021 10:42 PM in response to Pco172

If you are talking about internal storage on your device, then this is NOT possible. The storage that is on your device at the time of purchase is the maximum storage that the device is going to always have. There is no way to update it later. If you need more storage, you're going to have to purchase a device with more storage or you're going to have to remove things that are currently on it to clear out more storage.

If you go to Settings > General > iPhone Storage and see in there what is using up the space that you have taken up on your device. You can see in there what is using the most storage and decide what you need and don't need from there. There is also a selection you can make there that will "Offload Unused Apps" which will remove the ones you don't use, but keep the data that they use so if you install them again, you won't lose everything. You can always purchase more iCloud storage and backup your photos there and then you can remove them from your phone to give you more storage on your device as well.

In the end, after clearing up some space you'll get more space for new things that you want to do that you need space for. However, I usually suggest that when you purchase a device, you go with more storage than you need because it's going to cost you a lot less in the end and cause a lot less "stress" by trying to worry about what is using up what space. If you aren't running low, you aren't going to worry about it.

I need to purchase more storage space

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.