Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Call Failed when entering numbers on keypad

Various businesses that have you enter a number to direct your call to the right dept result in a Call Failed Message.

The suggested 'mute' trick noted in the past dialogue does not solve this issue. Any suggestions?

iPhone 11 Pro, iOS 14

Posted on Aug 9, 2021 11:44 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 10, 2021 12:31 AM

meg.kingswood Said:

"No luck unfortunately.: I tried no cover. Then, I tried no cover + mute trick. Still, Call Failed after I entered the numbers and pressed #."

-------

Whom to Contact:

Contact your carrier, if you are having issues with numbers not being pressed as they should be, and if you are losing calls for no apparent reason, other than tapping the pound key.

Resetting to Factory Settings:

Resetting your iPhone to Factory Settings may get the job done. All would be updated and the phone number and contacts and such would reside, being there is a SIM card inserted.

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 10, 2021 12:31 AM in response to meg.kingswood

meg.kingswood Said:

"No luck unfortunately.: I tried no cover. Then, I tried no cover + mute trick. Still, Call Failed after I entered the numbers and pressed #."

-------

Whom to Contact:

Contact your carrier, if you are having issues with numbers not being pressed as they should be, and if you are losing calls for no apparent reason, other than tapping the pound key.

Resetting to Factory Settings:

Resetting your iPhone to Factory Settings may get the job done. All would be updated and the phone number and contacts and such would reside, being there is a SIM card inserted.

Aug 9, 2021 11:57 PM in response to meg.kingswood

meg.kingswood Said:

"Call Failed when entering numbers on keypad: Various businesses that have you enter a number to direct your call to the right dept result in a Call Failed Message. The suggested 'mute' trick noted in the past dialogue does not solve this issue. Any suggestions?"

-------

Remove the Cover:

Is there a cover on your iPhone? If so, remove it, seeing if that makes all the difference. If so, there is likely debris or condensation behind the cover and your screen (typical of keeping it in your pocket (all day/everyday).

Call Failed when entering numbers on keypad

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.