Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Charge

My MacBook won’t charge. It’s shut down and I’m not sure what to do, I’ve tried putting it in different switches and evening cleaning the charging portal and it still won’t charge or switch on. Can you please help me?

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 11.3

Posted on Aug 10, 2021 2:30 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 10, 2021 2:47 AM

Hi there,

If the battery in your Mac notebook won’t charge, try one or more of these solutions:

• Reset the SMC: Reset the System Management Controller (SMC), which controls how your Mac manages power. If you have a Mac with Apple Silicon, just restart your computer. For other Mac computers, see the Apple Support article How to reset the SMC of your Mac.
  • Get your Mac serviced: If the battery still won’t charge, your Mac may need to be serviced. Take your Mac to your local Apple Store or contact AppleCare. See Find how to service or repair your Mac.

For best results, use the power adapter that came with your Mac.

Hope this helps (:

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 10, 2021 2:47 AM in response to Beyonce101_

Hi there,

If the battery in your Mac notebook won’t charge, try one or more of these solutions:

• Reset the SMC: Reset the System Management Controller (SMC), which controls how your Mac manages power. If you have a Mac with Apple Silicon, just restart your computer. For other Mac computers, see the Apple Support article How to reset the SMC of your Mac.
  • Get your Mac serviced: If the battery still won’t charge, your Mac may need to be serviced. Take your Mac to your local Apple Store or contact AppleCare. See Find how to service or repair your Mac.

For best results, use the power adapter that came with your Mac.

Hope this helps (:

Charge

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.