Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Family sharing ask to buy for adults?

Is there a way to turn on "ask to buy" for an adult in my family?

Posted on Aug 10, 2021 11:38 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 10, 2021 11:52 AM

No, it is only for those under 18, though I guess it could be for older too as long as you hadn't turned it off.

Approve what kids buy with Ask to Buy - Apple Support

Who can use Ask to Buy

Familes can use Ask to Buy after they set up Family Sharing. The family organizer can turn on Ask to Buy for any family member who isn't an adult. It's on by default for any children under 13. You'll be asked to set up Ask to Buy when you invite anyone under 18 to your family group.1

If a family member turns 18 and the family organizer turns off Ask to Buy, the family organizer can't turn it on again.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 10, 2021 11:52 AM in response to firegirl182

No, it is only for those under 18, though I guess it could be for older too as long as you hadn't turned it off.

Approve what kids buy with Ask to Buy - Apple Support

Who can use Ask to Buy

Familes can use Ask to Buy after they set up Family Sharing. The family organizer can turn on Ask to Buy for any family member who isn't an adult. It's on by default for any children under 13. You'll be asked to set up Ask to Buy when you invite anyone under 18 to your family group.1

If a family member turns 18 and the family organizer turns off Ask to Buy, the family organizer can't turn it on again.

Family sharing ask to buy for adults?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.