Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My mac cant use the screensaver for very long

It wont let me use the screensaver for more than five minutesthats one hour but it wont go longer than five minutes, can i change that somehow?

Mac mini, macOS 11.5

Posted on Aug 10, 2021 12:14 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 10, 2021 8:58 PM

Safe Boot, (holding Shift key down at startup), does the problem occur in Safe Mode? Could take 10 minutes.

Safe mode attempts to repair Disks & clears lots of caches & loads safe Drivers, & prevents loading of 3rd party extensions, so if Safe Mode works try again in regular boot.

To find out if it's system wide or user specific, try this...

Open System Preferences>Users & Groups, unlock the lock, click on the little plus icon, make a new admin account, log out & into the new account.

Does it work in the new account?

7 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 10, 2021 8:58 PM in response to I_need_help_ty

Safe Boot, (holding Shift key down at startup), does the problem occur in Safe Mode? Could take 10 minutes.

Safe mode attempts to repair Disks & clears lots of caches & loads safe Drivers, & prevents loading of 3rd party extensions, so if Safe Mode works try again in regular boot.

To find out if it's system wide or user specific, try this...

Open System Preferences>Users & Groups, unlock the lock, click on the little plus icon, make a new admin account, log out & into the new account.

Does it work in the new account?

My mac cant use the screensaver for very long

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.