Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Does screensaver work when Mac is unplugged?

Disclaimer: brand new Mac user here.

Screensaver works perfectly when laptop is plugged it. Is it also supposed to kick in when unplugged? Because it's not on my laptop. If it's possible, how do I turn this setting on?

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Oct 23, 2020 6:55 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 23, 2020 7:21 AM

Energy Saver uses different settings for ac power and battery power, and Screen Saver is yet another setting.

I surmise Energy Saver is configured to turn the screen off prior to the screensaver's appearance while on battery power. To learn how to adjust each one, please refer to the following Apple user guides:

Change Screen Saver preferences on Mac

Change Energy Saver preferences on Mac

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 23, 2020 7:21 AM in response to msmary_33

Energy Saver uses different settings for ac power and battery power, and Screen Saver is yet another setting.

I surmise Energy Saver is configured to turn the screen off prior to the screensaver's appearance while on battery power. To learn how to adjust each one, please refer to the following Apple user guides:

Change Screen Saver preferences on Mac

Change Energy Saver preferences on Mac

Does screensaver work when Mac is unplugged?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.