Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Not able to log in on my tv to watch Apple TV

Why do I have continuous problems signing in on my TV with my apple account password? And when I try to create another account the codes that i'm given don't work?

Posted on Aug 11, 2021 6:24 AM

3 replies

Aug 11, 2021 7:54 AM in response to gale87

On what model TV do you have the Apple TV app?

Why do I have continuous problems signing in on my TV with my apple account password?

You should use the exact same Apple ID account as used on your Apple devices, if you have any of those.

To sign in to the Apple TV app on third party hardware, go to the in-app Settings (sprockets wheel icon). Once signed in, the Apple TV app should then apply your subscriptions, and hold purchased iTunes Store titles in the app Library.

Is this a for new account? New accounts have some requirements before they can be used with subscriptions or the iTunes Store. How to create a new Apple ID - Apple Support. On most Apple devices and third party devices with the Apple TV app, you can create an account during setup, if needed. New Apple ID accounts need to have a verified email address. You will be asked to respond to a send message. Apple ID accounts need to have a billing address, in part to establish a home country or region. Apple ID accounts need to have a valid payment method on file, as non-free services will be billed through the account. Even free trials require that you supply a payment method in advance for the time after the trial (if still subscribed by then).

And when I try to create another account the codes that i'm given don't work?

Users are encouraged to use one single Apple ID account on all their devices. Multiple accounts will not solve issues. Multiple account will make its use more difficult. Account specific content can never be merged with or transferred to a different account.

the codes that i'm given don't work

What codes?

☑︎ Solved

Unfortunately, that mark you gave is permanent on this forum, and can't be undone.

Not able to log in on my tv to watch Apple TV

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.