Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Dust went inside the camera lens

Hi! I'm new to iPhones and had recently bought an iPhone 12 Pro Max.I have dust UNDER the camera glass. It cannot be cleaned on surface by

I thought I had received a clean copy

Where is the quality control.

I called apple care they said warranty will claim is not for sure,it’s may or may not. But the phone might be dust resistant so it is manufacturing defect ,how can they tell warranty will not claim

Any action you can suggest I can do would be appreciated.

iPhone 12 Pro Max, iOS 15

Posted on Aug 11, 2021 8:48 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 11, 2021 8:55 AM

It is still possible that your new iPhone has a manufacturing defect that allowed dust under the camera lens .. .but the only way to get this verified is that an Apple technician must evaluate your phone. If it is determined to be a defect you may be able to get a replacement phone at little or no cost to you.

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 11, 2021 8:55 AM in response to Qwerty44

It is still possible that your new iPhone has a manufacturing defect that allowed dust under the camera lens .. .but the only way to get this verified is that an Apple technician must evaluate your phone. If it is determined to be a defect you may be able to get a replacement phone at little or no cost to you.

Dust went inside the camera lens

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.