Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Watch bands

Dumb question… I have a big wrist and I need a longer watch band. I just got an Apple Watch series 5 40mm. I’m new to this so bear with me! Will a 44mm band fit a 40 mm watch? It looks like the 44 is longer than the 40. Thank you!

Apple Watch

Posted on Aug 11, 2021 10:23 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 11, 2021 11:20 AM

You can match most bands with any Apple Watch Series 3 or newer case of the same size. (For Apple Watch Series 3, the 40mm band works with the 38mm case; the 44mm band works with the 42mm case.)

The Solo Loop and Braided Solo Loop bands are only compatible with Apple Watch SE and Apple Watch Series 4 or newer. Bands will only fit the selected case size and are not compatible with other case sizes. For example, a size 5 for a 40mm case does not work with a 44mm case, and vice versa.

Aside from case size, most bands come in various lengths as well. For more info, see:

Buy Apple Watch Bands - Apple

Select a band type you are interested in and then you can see what case and band sizes are available for that band type.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 11, 2021 11:20 AM in response to Crystytheshoe

You can match most bands with any Apple Watch Series 3 or newer case of the same size. (For Apple Watch Series 3, the 40mm band works with the 38mm case; the 44mm band works with the 42mm case.)

The Solo Loop and Braided Solo Loop bands are only compatible with Apple Watch SE and Apple Watch Series 4 or newer. Bands will only fit the selected case size and are not compatible with other case sizes. For example, a size 5 for a 40mm case does not work with a 44mm case, and vice versa.

Aside from case size, most bands come in various lengths as well. For more info, see:

Buy Apple Watch Bands - Apple

Select a band type you are interested in and then you can see what case and band sizes are available for that band type.

Watch bands

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.