Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Not receiving messages from iPhone users to Android phone

I recently transitioned from an iPhone to an Android phone. I turned off imessage on my old phone and deregistered my number with Apple. However, I am still missing many texts in group chats from friends who have iPhone. We have deleted old threads and started new ones. Why is this happening? Does my friend need to change a setting on her phone?

iPhone 7, iOS 14

Posted on Aug 11, 2021 10:11 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 11, 2021 10:32 AM

EkennedyPhoneProblems wrote:

I recently transitioned from an iPhone to an Android phone. I turned off imessage on my old phone and deregistered my number with Apple. However, I am still missing many texts in group chats from friends who have iPhone. We have deleted old threads and started new ones. Why is this happening? Does my friend need to change a setting on her phone?

They should delete and re-add your number, if that doesn't work, then you need to let your phone carrier know, MMS is their feature.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 11, 2021 10:32 AM in response to EkennedyPhoneProblems

EkennedyPhoneProblems wrote:

They should delete and re-add your number, if that doesn't work, then you need to let your phone carrier know, MMS is their feature.

Not receiving messages from iPhone users to Android phone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.