Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

If you set up Apple TV 4K on one TV - is there any settings setup on Apple TV if you change it to another TV set?

If you set up Apple TV 4K on one TV - is there any settings setup on Apple TV if you change it to another TV set - apart from changing video output to 4K SDR, match frame rate and content?

I ask as I am considering setting up a new Apple TV 4K 2nd Generation on the upstairs Panasonic 720p TV - and then without disruption when it’s all setup, e.g. logging into Apple Arcade/Music etc, adding it the Samsung 4K HDR TV downstairs.

Apple TV 4K

Posted on Aug 11, 2021 12:17 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 11, 2021 4:18 PM

Should work fine on both devices, I take my 4K Apple TV with me on vacation (normally AirB&B locations) and it plugs into any TV with HDMI input with no problems. The only setup I need to do is to join it to the network at the new location. I'm assuming both of your TV's would be on the same network. The only thing I can think of that may be an issue is network coverage where both TVs are located. If you get a strong network signal in both locations you should be good to go!

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 11, 2021 4:18 PM in response to deanoxx

Should work fine on both devices, I take my 4K Apple TV with me on vacation (normally AirB&B locations) and it plugs into any TV with HDMI input with no problems. The only setup I need to do is to join it to the network at the new location. I'm assuming both of your TV's would be on the same network. The only thing I can think of that may be an issue is network coverage where both TVs are located. If you get a strong network signal in both locations you should be good to go!

If you set up Apple TV 4K on one TV - is there any settings setup on Apple TV if you change it to another TV set?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.