Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I want to change my apple ID back to what it was on my lost phone. This is my email I use everyday. When I put in to change it, it won't allow it. How can I change it?

I got a new phone, couldn't remember my password so I had to create a new apple ID. I want to use my old Apple ID, but when I go to change it, it won't accept it. How do I get my old apple ID on my new phone?

Posted on Aug 11, 2021 12:16 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 11, 2021 12:23 PM

If I am understanding your post, if you already have an Apple ID using a specific email address, you can't create a new Apple ID using the same email address. Each Apple ID has to have its own, different email address.

If you forgot the Apple ID password for the original ID, enter the Apple (iCloud) ID, and click Forgot Password. See if you can get a Rescue or Notification email option if necessary. Link to contact Apple Support at the end of the 2nd article.

Apple ID - Manage  -     

Apple ID – Forgot Password  

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 11, 2021 12:23 PM in response to Maddmills

If I am understanding your post, if you already have an Apple ID using a specific email address, you can't create a new Apple ID using the same email address. Each Apple ID has to have its own, different email address.

If you forgot the Apple ID password for the original ID, enter the Apple (iCloud) ID, and click Forgot Password. See if you can get a Rescue or Notification email option if necessary. Link to contact Apple Support at the end of the 2nd article.

Apple ID - Manage  -     

Apple ID – Forgot Password  

I want to change my apple ID back to what it was on my lost phone. This is my email I use everyday. When I put in to change it, it won't allow it. How can I change it?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.