Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Text messages from MacBook not getting to an android device

When using MacBook Pro to send a text to a friend who uses an android, her messages are often flagged as "not sent". I have no problems from other devices, just the MacBook. Any suggestions? Thanks!

MacBook Pro 15″, OS X 10.10

Posted on Aug 11, 2021 1:29 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 11, 2021 1:42 PM

The Mac cannot send SMS messages to non Apple devices on its own.

Unless there is a paired iPhone connected to the same Wi-Fi network as the Mac, the Mac will not be able to send the message.

Make sure your iPhone is nearby, turned on, and connected to Wi-Fi.

See here: link-> How to forward SMS/MMS text messages from your iPhone to your iPad, iPod touch or Mac - Apple Support

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 11, 2021 1:42 PM in response to shre

The Mac cannot send SMS messages to non Apple devices on its own.

Unless there is a paired iPhone connected to the same Wi-Fi network as the Mac, the Mac will not be able to send the message.

Make sure your iPhone is nearby, turned on, and connected to Wi-Fi.

See here: link-> How to forward SMS/MMS text messages from your iPhone to your iPad, iPod touch or Mac - Apple Support

Aug 16, 2021 12:50 PM in response to jeanmpinegar

jeanmpinegar wrote:

This did not help. I only began having a problem after the last update. And I already checked the "forward SMS/MMS text messages" issue. My phone is nearby, turned on, and connected to Wi-Fi. I can text from my phone, but not my Mac or my iPad (which has also been updated recently).

Are they devices turned on in "Text Message Forwarding" in Settings on the iPhone?

If they are, try toggling them off, then turning off text Message forwarding, and turning everything back on.

Text messages from MacBook not getting to an android device

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.