Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Dubbing Netflix on Apple tv

I have Netflix on my Apple TV and want to watch a show that is in Hebrew but I want to dub in English. The option is not available in Netflix to dub and the Apple TV doesn’t have the option either. The option is set as English and subtitles turned off but the sub titles appear anyway. I really don’t want to read subtitles and prefer dubbing. It was available during the first few episodes and then became unavailable. Thanks.

Apple TV (2nd gen)

Posted on Aug 11, 2021 4:24 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 12, 2021 7:31 AM

It is up to the content provider (Netflix themselves or the studio from which the content is licensed) to include additional audio languages or not, for each title.

If it is available, then you should be able to select it from the Audio overlay menu during playback.

If you don’t see it as available, then this dub may not have been made, or your Netflix account settings are off.

On Apple TV (2d or 3rd generation), hold down Select on your remote for three seconds while a video is playing to see the Subtitles and Audio tab.

How to use subtitles, captions, or alternate audio - Netflix Help Center

How to change the language on Netflix (preferred shows & movies languages) - Netflix Help Center

How to edit account profiles (language preference) - Netflix Help Center

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 12, 2021 7:31 AM in response to Jandjberman

It is up to the content provider (Netflix themselves or the studio from which the content is licensed) to include additional audio languages or not, for each title.

If it is available, then you should be able to select it from the Audio overlay menu during playback.

If you don’t see it as available, then this dub may not have been made, or your Netflix account settings are off.

On Apple TV (2d or 3rd generation), hold down Select on your remote for three seconds while a video is playing to see the Subtitles and Audio tab.

How to use subtitles, captions, or alternate audio - Netflix Help Center

How to change the language on Netflix (preferred shows & movies languages) - Netflix Help Center

How to edit account profiles (language preference) - Netflix Help Center

Dubbing Netflix on Apple tv

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.