Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

does dolby atmos not working on mac on an apple tv app??

it said on an apple tv app that it is working for mac

i mean yes the spatial audio is working on mac on apple music app, but the apple tv app the spatial audio is not working for me or is it not support yet

on my iPad the function is working for me perfectly but not on my macbook

ps. i updated the latest version already

MacBook Air 13″, 11.5

Posted on Aug 12, 2021 12:30 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 17, 2021 1:28 PM

Hi pearcscs,

Sure thing. That's correct. If you're playing Dolby Atmos content and you have a compatible sound system or headphones like your AirPod Pros, it should play automatically. This article explains more:

Find movies with 4K, HDR, Dolby Vision, or Dolby Atmos in the Apple TV app

Take care.

3 replies

Aug 12, 2021 6:54 PM in response to pearcscs

Hi pearcscs,

Thank you for participating in the Apple Support Communities. We understand you'd like to enjoy Dolby Atmos when using the Apple TV app on your Mac, and we'd like to assist. How are you listening? Are you using headphones, the Mac speakers, or an external sound system? Also, which model of MacBook Air do you have? Also, just to confirm, you have macOS 11.5.2, correct? You can find the version by going to the Apple menu in the upper left corner of your screen, and choosing About This Mac.

We look forward to learning more about your issue.

Take care.

Aug 14, 2021 12:49 AM in response to sterling r

thanks for your replying sterling r ♥️

To answer your question, yes, i already updated my macbook to macOS 11.5.2 , i use AirPods pro and i use MacBook air M1 chip

for the apple music app i have to turn on dolby atmos at the preference menu but on the apple tv there's none

Is it possible that i don't have to turn on anything because the dolby atmos function will be played automatically ?

does dolby atmos not working on mac on an apple tv app??

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.