Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

VPN says “connecting” for long period and I can’t connect to my WiFi

iPad Pro, iPadOS 14

Posted on Aug 12, 2021 7:22 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 12, 2021 7:36 AM

If you cannot connect to WiFi, temporarily disable your VPN App/connection. This will likely resolve the issue, allowing your iPad to connect to the WiFi network - after which you can re-enable the VPN.

Are you using a VPN App - or have you simply manually configured a VPN connection in Settings?

If you are using a third-party VPN App, there is strong possibility that you have configured Connect On Demand somewhere in the individual App settings. This configuration setting may be worded as something else by the App (e.g., Kill Switch, Persistent Connection etc.) but it will have the same effect. Either way, this setting can interfere with the DHCP handshake that assigns an IP Address to your iPad.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 12, 2021 7:36 AM in response to OlufemiS

If you cannot connect to WiFi, temporarily disable your VPN App/connection. This will likely resolve the issue, allowing your iPad to connect to the WiFi network - after which you can re-enable the VPN.

Are you using a VPN App - or have you simply manually configured a VPN connection in Settings?

If you are using a third-party VPN App, there is strong possibility that you have configured Connect On Demand somewhere in the individual App settings. This configuration setting may be worded as something else by the App (e.g., Kill Switch, Persistent Connection etc.) but it will have the same effect. Either way, this setting can interfere with the DHCP handshake that assigns an IP Address to your iPad.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.