Newsroom Update

Tap to Pay on iPhone is now available in Canada. Learn more >

Related Article: Apple security releases

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I can’t update my phone software

my Software needs update and I can’t

iPhone 7 Plus, iOS 11

Posted on Aug 12, 2021 9:30 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 12, 2021 9:37 AM

If, as you stated, your 7+ model is still running iOS 11, most likeky you won't be able to update it wirelessly (via WiFi), since the iOS version running on it is too old. You should try to update that device using a computer running iTunes (PC) or iTunes/Finder (Mac).

If you don't have a computer, borrow one from your friends/neighbors or ask for help at an Apple Store or Authorized Service Provider.

Regards

Giulio

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 12, 2021 9:37 AM in response to khaliif114

If, as you stated, your 7+ model is still running iOS 11, most likeky you won't be able to update it wirelessly (via WiFi), since the iOS version running on it is too old. You should try to update that device using a computer running iTunes (PC) or iTunes/Finder (Mac).

If you don't have a computer, borrow one from your friends/neighbors or ask for help at an Apple Store or Authorized Service Provider.

Regards

Giulio

I can’t update my phone software

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.