Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why does iOS 14.7.1 keep asking for my password to update apps? I’ve followed the instructions to turn it off but it keeps asking EVERY TIME! Highly annoying that Apple can’t help but screw up the simplest **** with each update

Why does iOS 14.7.1 keep asking for my password to update apps? I’ve followed the instructions to turn it off but it keeps asking EVERY TIME! Highly annoying that Apple can’t help but screw up the simplest **** with each update

iPhone 11

Posted on Aug 12, 2021 1:38 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 14, 2021 12:51 PM

I had the same issue!

I made sure the account I downloaded the app is also the one I have signed in at my device. It was very annoying when you have 3+ updates and have to type in the password for EACH ONE of them.

After some digging around - it seems it is Screen time the one who activated password requirement for each update. go to Settings > Screen time > Turn Off Screen time. That fixed it for me.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 14, 2021 12:51 PM in response to bisblady

I had the same issue!

I made sure the account I downloaded the app is also the one I have signed in at my device. It was very annoying when you have 3+ updates and have to type in the password for EACH ONE of them.

After some digging around - it seems it is Screen time the one who activated password requirement for each update. go to Settings > Screen time > Turn Off Screen time. That fixed it for me.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.