Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

AirPods Pro won't connect to MacBook

My AirPods are no longer connecting to my laptop whereas they used to fine, they also still connect to my phone perfectly well. They show up as an option in the bluetooth menu bar at the top of the screen, but I am unable to select them in the sound menu, the loading symbol just keeps spinning. In system preferences it says they are connected.

I have tried forgetting them from all of my devices, and when I tried to connect them to the laptop again it asked for a four digit code that would be 'with the documentation the device came with', but I have been unable to find such a code. I then connected them to my phone with no problems and my mac recognises them again, but the problem remains, I cannot select them from the 'sound' drop down menu.

This only started a few days ago and I can't think of anything I've done to cause it. I have a MacBook Air and it's on macOS version 11.2.3, if that means anything.

Thanks

MacBook Air 13″, 11.2

Posted on Aug 12, 2021 5:00 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 12, 2021 5:14 PM

hope this link helps https://support.apple.com/en-ph/HT207974

Similar questions

2 replies

AirPods Pro won't connect to MacBook

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.