Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Siri on Apple Watch plays the wrong album - same album every time

Whenever I ask Siri to play a specific album from my music library, it instead plays the first album found in my library - every time. This only happens with my Watch, if I speak to my phone it behaves correctly.

I normally say something like "Hey Siri - play the album Moving Pictures from my library" or "Hey Siri - play the album Moving Pictures by Rush from my library". I can see on the screen that it's understood me correctly. But instead, the first album alphabetically in my library plays - in this case, "A vs Monkey Kong".

If I omit the words "the album", it tells me it cannot find such a thing in my library - unless it finds a song by the same name, in which case it plays that. E.g. "Play Moving Pictures" results in nothing, but "Play Clockwork Angels" results in the song by that name being played, instead of the album.

This issue mainly comes about when I'm driving - in the car, it's usually my watch that picks up my commands instead of my phone.

Apple Watch

Posted on Aug 12, 2021 4:44 PM

Similar questions

3 replies

Aug 13, 2021 11:30 AM in response to chrisjfinlay

Hi chrisjfinlay,

Welcome to the Apple Support Communities!

We understand that Siri isn't playing the album you wish to play in your car on your Apple Watch.

First, we would recommend that you update the watchOS on your Apple Watch and iOS on your iPhone if you haven't already.

Update your Apple Watch

Update your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

If you've already updated both devices, we'd recommend that you restart your Apple Watch and iPhone as well.

When you're making requests while you're in the car, is your iPhone facing up? The reason we ask is because Siri won't respond when your iPhone is facing down.

We hope this helps.

Cheers!

Aug 13, 2021 11:56 AM in response to chrisjfinlay

We appreciate you letting us know, chrisjfinlay,

You're definitely on the right track. Next, we'd recommend that you unpair your Apple Watch then set it up again and test Siri: Unpair and erase your Apple Watch

If you're still experiencing the same behavior, we'd recommend that you contact Apple Support directly to investigate this further with you. You can find a list of phone number for them here: Contact Apple for support and service

Take care!

Siri on Apple Watch plays the wrong album - same album every time

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.