You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Streaming music through Siri on Apple Watch 5 to connected Bluetooth earbuds

Why do I continue to get this message from Siri on my cellular Apple Watch 5 when I have connected and working bluetooth earbuds and a working Apple Music account?

"There's no device capable of audio playback connected."

I should be able to listen to music not stored on my working cellular watch as I do from my iPhone 11 Pro Max. Right?

When my iPhone is on and nearby, the music I request plays through the iPhone. I can play music stored on my watch successfully through my bluetooth earbuds.

I want to stream Apple Music selections over my cellular network connection that are not stored on my watch when I am wandering about without my iPhone.

Thanks for any feedback.

Apple Watch

Posted on Oct 14, 2019 1:57 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Oct 14, 2019 2:59 PM

I think I just solved my own problem.

I went for a walk without my iPhone and realized that I can't summon Siri to work with the Bluetooth earbuds (not Apple earbuds) by talking directly to the watch.

I remembered to summon Siri on these earbuds, I needed to perform a push button sequence specific to the operation of these buds. It worked.

Boom!

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Oct 14, 2019 2:59 PM in response to Luxamor

I think I just solved my own problem.

I went for a walk without my iPhone and realized that I can't summon Siri to work with the Bluetooth earbuds (not Apple earbuds) by talking directly to the watch.

I remembered to summon Siri on these earbuds, I needed to perform a push button sequence specific to the operation of these buds. It worked.

Boom!

Streaming music through Siri on Apple Watch 5 to connected Bluetooth earbuds

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.