Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference to kick off June 10 at 10 a.m. PDT with Keynote address

The Keynote will be available to stream on apple.com, the Apple Developer app, the Apple TV app, and the Apple YouTube channel. On-demand playback will be available after the conclusion of the stream.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

an update related question.

So I have a MacBook Air ( 13-inch, 2019) and it's currently a MacOS big sur version 11.2.3

but the problem is it keeps on showing a update for 11.5.2 and i click update.

a few minutes later it shows "update failed, check your network." but my network is litterally connected all the freaking time!!

and then it says my macbook is up to date version 11.2.3

what should I do?

Posted on Aug 12, 2021 9:48 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 12, 2021 10:10 PM

How is your mac connected to your network/ internet.

It is always best when downloading from ApplesServers to have your mac connected via cable to your router.

Do not use your mac while it is downloading or any other devices that share the same internet connection.

If you can only use WiFi then have your mac as close to your router as possible.

11.5.2 is a very new update and it maybe that Apples Servers are getting overloaded with download requests

that may be the source of the problem.

It is probably best to wait a few days and monitor the Big Sur community to see if this update has thrown some

more curved balls at users, it is an all too common trait that updates may introduce problems of their own.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 12, 2021 10:10 PM in response to FaeisFae

How is your mac connected to your network/ internet.

It is always best when downloading from ApplesServers to have your mac connected via cable to your router.

Do not use your mac while it is downloading or any other devices that share the same internet connection.

If you can only use WiFi then have your mac as close to your router as possible.

11.5.2 is a very new update and it maybe that Apples Servers are getting overloaded with download requests

that may be the source of the problem.

It is probably best to wait a few days and monitor the Big Sur community to see if this update has thrown some

more curved balls at users, it is an all too common trait that updates may introduce problems of their own.

an update related question.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.