You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

CODA on apple tv

Hi I want to watch coda movie that came August 13, 2021. But I do not have the opportunity to watch. Run PC windows 10
this content is not available
why? here I live in sweden

Windows, Windows 10

Posted on Aug 13, 2021 7:43 AM

4 replies

Aug 14, 2021 12:00 PM in response to Amanda_Elle

It seems Apple wasn’t able to procure all worldwide rights for CODA. Please check:

1. “ Berlin: International Buyers Up in Arms Over Buy-Back Proposals Post-‘Coda’ (Exclusive)”: https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/movies/movie-news/berlin-2021-coda-apple-streamers-4140191/amp/
  2. “ Apple Paid $25 Million for Worldwide Rights to ‘CODA.’ Here’s Why That’s a Problem”: https://www.indiewire.com/2021/03/apple-coda-sundance-25-million-international-rights-1234621432/#!

From the first article: “ The biggest deal out of Sundance this year —Apple Studio’s $25 million worldwide acquisition of Sian Heder’s crowdpleaser Coda —has been complicated by the fact that French sales outfit Pathe (Coda is a U.S. remake of 2014 French dramedy La famille Bélier) pre-sold the film to much of the world before it ever hit Park City. Around $6 million of Coda‘s reported $10 million budget came from the likes of Italian distributor Eagle, Japan’s Gaga, and Sun Distribution in Latin America, who agreed to buy the film for their respective territories, legal commitments that allowed the producers used as collateral to secure the bank loans needed to get the movie made. Many of these buyers were blindsided by the Apple deal, which they first heard about from reports in the trade press.”

From the second article: “‘The big mistake [on ‘CODA’] was nobody ever called these distributors before the Apple deal was announced,’ said a US theatrical acquisitions executive. ‘Apple wanted that headline. They wanted to show the world they were in the content business in a big way.’”

CODA on apple tv

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.