Newsroom Update

Tap to Pay on iPhone is now available in Canada. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why does my ringer from incoming calls become faint. I turn up the volume but that does not increase the ring tone?

iPhone 11pro

Posted on Aug 13, 2021 1:05 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 13, 2021 1:19 PM

With the iPhone 11 Pro and all of the other iPhones that use Face ID, If you have Attention Features turned on, when the iPhone rings, if you look at the phone, it will recognize your attention and turn down the volume of the ringer since it senses you have recognized it ringing. You can turn this feature off if desired. Go to Settings>Face ID & Passcode>Attention Aware Features, and turn that off.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 13, 2021 1:19 PM in response to Nike49

With the iPhone 11 Pro and all of the other iPhones that use Face ID, If you have Attention Features turned on, when the iPhone rings, if you look at the phone, it will recognize your attention and turn down the volume of the ringer since it senses you have recognized it ringing. You can turn this feature off if desired. Go to Settings>Face ID & Passcode>Attention Aware Features, and turn that off.

Why does my ringer from incoming calls become faint. I turn up the volume but that does not increase the ring tone?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.