Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Family sharing payment

Why the **** as a parent can’t I use my own payment method to buy apps or in app purchases when in family share. why do I need to use my wife’s details this is a use less feature. So apple have a family share which is great but for me to use my own payment method ie PayPal I need to disconnect from family share to use it or pass it all on to the main organiser. Why apple seriously why!!! Bloody useless!!!

all I want to do is family share my purchases and be able to use my own accounts to buy New things!!!!

iPhone SE, iOS 14

Posted on Aug 13, 2021 4:08 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 13, 2021 6:09 PM

Stuy26 wrote:

Why the **** as a parent can’t I use my own payment method

Stuy,

Use your payment method at the drug store or grocery store to purchase an Apple gift card. Redeem the card to your Apple ID, and always make sure you have a sufficient credit balance. You purchases will go against the credit balance instead of the Organizer's payment method.

Not what you wanted to hear, I suppose, but that is the way.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 13, 2021 6:09 PM in response to Stuy26

Stuy26 wrote:

Why the **** as a parent can’t I use my own payment method

Stuy,

Use your payment method at the drug store or grocery store to purchase an Apple gift card. Redeem the card to your Apple ID, and always make sure you have a sufficient credit balance. You purchases will go against the credit balance instead of the Organizer's payment method.

Not what you wanted to hear, I suppose, but that is the way.

Family sharing payment

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.