Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

MacBook Pro does not allow AirPlay to be turned on. Why?

MacBook Pro running macOS Big Sur Version 11.5 does not allow AirPlay to be turned on. The only select option available is "Off" (i.e., no choice for "On" is available). So how do I activate AirPlay for screen mirroring?

MacBook Pro 16″, macOS 11.5

Posted on Aug 13, 2021 6:23 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 14, 2021 12:37 AM

That option changes from OFF to a choice of device automatically. Your MacBook Pro will have to identify a device that is AirPlay capable and signed on to the same Wi-Fi Network. You will need an Apple TV device or a TV that is AirPlay capable to see them as choices.

Axel F.

3 replies

Aug 14, 2021 2:41 PM in response to Axel Foley

Thanks for the helpful correct response. This concern came up when I was traveling and noticed only the OFF setting available even though there was a Samsung Smart TV that could play friendly with the YouTube application. So apparently the Samsung Flatscreen TV was not that "Smart" or not compatible with Apply AirPlay and thus AirPlay only displayed the OFF setting.

MacBook Pro does not allow AirPlay to be turned on. Why?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.