Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I tried to transfer data from old macbook pro to a new macbook pro. Now i can not open new Mac Pro with a old password that I had years ago? I need help.

I tried to transfer data from old macbook pro to a new macbook pro. Now i can not open new Mac Pro with a old password that I had years ago? I need help.

MacBook Pro 13″, OS X 10.11

Posted on Aug 13, 2021 6:59 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 15, 2021 5:51 PM

Are you referring to the Mac Login Password? If YES then here is some information on how to reset it ➔ If you forgot your Mac Login Password. Try the method in that article to reset the password on your new Mac. If that does not work then you will may have to reset the password on your old mac (The mac where the data came from) and then transfer data again to the new Mac after you have erased the new Mac.

By the way, if you forgot the password to you old Mac then how are you using it now?

Axel F.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 15, 2021 5:51 PM in response to Lynn0788

Are you referring to the Mac Login Password? If YES then here is some information on how to reset it ➔ If you forgot your Mac Login Password. Try the method in that article to reset the password on your new Mac. If that does not work then you will may have to reset the password on your old mac (The mac where the data came from) and then transfer data again to the new Mac after you have erased the new Mac.

By the way, if you forgot the password to you old Mac then how are you using it now?

Axel F.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.