Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

passwords

I bought a new MacBook Air and used migration but my passwords didn't transfer to the new MacBook from my older MacBook Air

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 11.6

Posted on Oct 15, 2021 5:28 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 16, 2021 2:26 PM

Hey there, dnolder1,

Congratulations on your new MacBook Air! If we understand, Keychain Access passwords have not migrated to the new MacBook from your old one. We are happy to help!

Based on what you've described, we recommend checking out the information found in Copy keychains to another Mac - Apple Support. If the keychains did not automatically transfer as expected, try the steps to export them from the old computer, then import them to the new one, here: Import and export keychain items using Keychain Access on Mac - Apple Support.

Thanks for stopping by the Apple Support Communities.

Enjoy your new Mac!

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 16, 2021 2:26 PM in response to dnolder1

Hey there, dnolder1,

Congratulations on your new MacBook Air! If we understand, Keychain Access passwords have not migrated to the new MacBook from your old one. We are happy to help!

Based on what you've described, we recommend checking out the information found in Copy keychains to another Mac - Apple Support. If the keychains did not automatically transfer as expected, try the steps to export them from the old computer, then import them to the new one, here: Import and export keychain items using Keychain Access on Mac - Apple Support.

Thanks for stopping by the Apple Support Communities.

Enjoy your new Mac!

passwords

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.