Migrated all the users from MacBook (Big Sur) to new MacBookPro (Ventura), but the old passwords do not work!

I migrated all the users from my MacBook (Big Sur) to new MacBookPro (Ventura), but the old passwords do not work! What can I do to change the passwords without losing the existing keychains. They have a lot of passwords I need stored in them!

MacBook Pro 15″, macOS 11.7

Posted on Aug 30, 2023 7:42 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 31, 2023 12:17 PM

chillypop wrote:

I migrated all the users from my MacBook (Big Sur) to new MacBookPro (Ventura), but the old passwords do not work! What can I do to change the passwords without losing the existing keychains. They have a lot of passwords I need stored in them!

You can try the migration again...

Transfer your information to Mac from another computer or device

Transfer your information to Mac from another computer or device - Apple Support

The most trouble free way to move to a new machine, is using the Setup Assistant on the initial boot of a brand new machine— you have one shot here. Set up your MacBook Pro - Apple Support

The second best way is use the Migration Assistant.

How to move your content to a new Mac Transfer to a new Mac with Migration Assistant - Apple Support

Restarting Setup Assistant to create Admin user

Restarting Setup Assistant to create Admi… - Apple Community

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 31, 2023 12:17 PM in response to chillypop

chillypop wrote:

You can try the migration again...

Transfer your information to Mac from another computer or device

Transfer your information to Mac from another computer or device - Apple Support

The most trouble free way to move to a new machine, is using the Setup Assistant on the initial boot of a brand new machine— you have one shot here. Set up your MacBook Pro - Apple Support

The second best way is use the Migration Assistant.

How to move your content to a new Mac Transfer to a new Mac with Migration Assistant - Apple Support

Restarting Setup Assistant to create Admin user

Restarting Setup Assistant to create Admi… - Apple Community

Migrated all the users from MacBook (Big Sur) to new MacBookPro (Ventura), but the old passwords do not work!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.