Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can’t find internal ssd in MacBook Pro and can’t install high Sierra

I have an old MacBook and the system does not exist do no single user mode or safe boot, and the internal add does not pop up in disk utility or in the terminal when I use diskutil list, so I can’t reinstall macOS Sierra because there is only disk images. The erase, restore, and unmount buttons are all grayd out so all I have is the first aid and the partition button. When I try to reinstall high Sierra it can’t find a disk to install on and I don’t have an external disk to do.

Posted on Aug 13, 2021 7:09 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 13, 2021 9:08 PM

How old is this MacBook Pro?

If you get the serial number from the bottom of the machine and type it into this Apple website > https://checkcoverage.apple.com you may get a description that includes the model year of the computer.

(Please don't post your serial number in the Communities.)

If it's very old then you may have a failed hard drive.

If you can get your hands on an external drive and a copy of a compatible macOS installer you may be able to create a bootable drive for it.

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 13, 2021 9:08 PM in response to Lezgo87

How old is this MacBook Pro?

If you get the serial number from the bottom of the machine and type it into this Apple website > https://checkcoverage.apple.com you may get a description that includes the model year of the computer.

(Please don't post your serial number in the Communities.)

If it's very old then you may have a failed hard drive.

If you can get your hands on an external drive and a copy of a compatible macOS installer you may be able to create a bootable drive for it.

Can’t find internal ssd in MacBook Pro and can’t install high Sierra

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.