Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

keep downloads after Apple Music subscription expires if also part of a family subscription

If I have my own individual subscription to Apple Music and it expires, but I am also part of a family subscription to Apple Music that someone else in my family purchased, will I still be able to keep and access my downloaded music after my individual subscription expires as long as the family subscription is active?

Posted on Aug 13, 2021 8:58 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 17, 2021 9:00 AM

Hi mvkadler33, 

Thank you for your follow up. If you are subscribed to two plans simultaneously, you should be able to keep your music. "When you join an existing family subscription, your individual or student subscription is canceled at the end of the next billing cycle." Check out Change your subscription from Apple for details. You could Contact Apple Support to verify. 

Cheers!

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 17, 2021 9:00 AM in response to mvkadler33

Hi mvkadler33, 

Thank you for your follow up. If you are subscribed to two plans simultaneously, you should be able to keep your music. "When you join an existing family subscription, your individual or student subscription is canceled at the end of the next billing cycle." Check out Change your subscription from Apple for details. You could Contact Apple Support to verify. 

Cheers!

Aug 14, 2021 4:19 PM in response to mvkadler33

Hi mvkadler33,

Welcome to the Apple Support Communities!

We are happy to help with the issue you are having with not wanting to lose your music when your Apple Music subscription ends. "If you cancel during a free trial period, you might lose access to the subscription immediately.” Get details in How to cancel a subscription from Apple.

You would be able to re-download only purchased music. Learn how to Redownload music here.

Cheers!

Aug 14, 2021 5:04 PM in response to Eric--F

If I am subscribed in two plans simultaneously, my own individual plan and also part of a family plan, aren’t my downloads still available after I let my individual plan expire since my account is also covered under someone else’s family plan? In other words, when I log in to my Apple Music account, as long as my account is always covered by at least one plan, shouldn’t I always be able to access my downloads, music settings, etc without interruption or losing anything?

keep downloads after Apple Music subscription expires if also part of a family subscription

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.