Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to get help to remove devise account lock created buy seller

Hi Apple community I bought a refurbished iPhone 11 pro through eBay and it came with devise account lock for security reasons and was advised but the seller to contact them to remove the account lock so that I can be able to access the phone unfortunately when I tried to contact my seller I was blocked with a reason that I violated the eBay policy now I have a phone that I cannot use n m heartbroken! How can I get assistance, I have the invoice for the phone where can I get help.

Posted on Aug 14, 2021 4:52 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 14, 2021 4:56 AM

If you are talking about "activation lock" (an anti-theft measure), neither we, just users like you, nor Apple can help you, sorry, unless you are the original owner and you still have the proof of purchase (receipt/invoice reporting your device’s IMEI or Serial Number). Should be this case, start your request using this link: https://al-support.apple.com/#/additional-support

Shouldn’t be this case, activation lock can be removed only by the previous owner, with the credentials that were used to activate that iPhone/iPad. Without those credentials, that device is useless to you.

You can also take a look at this support article:--> How to remove Activation Lock - Apple Support

Regards

Giulio

9 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 14, 2021 4:56 AM in response to malebouno

If you are talking about "activation lock" (an anti-theft measure), neither we, just users like you, nor Apple can help you, sorry, unless you are the original owner and you still have the proof of purchase (receipt/invoice reporting your device’s IMEI or Serial Number). Should be this case, start your request using this link: https://al-support.apple.com/#/additional-support

Shouldn’t be this case, activation lock can be removed only by the previous owner, with the credentials that were used to activate that iPhone/iPad. Without those credentials, that device is useless to you.

You can also take a look at this support article:--> How to remove Activation Lock - Apple Support

Regards

Giulio

Aug 14, 2021 5:34 AM in response to malebouno

Nothing to do with security reasons for delivery; more rather you have been scammed and have almost certainly received a stolen phone I am afraid to say.

Regrettably no one other than the owner of the Apple ID its registered too can help unlock it.

Unless you can contact the seller directly (doubtful) for those details, you need to contact eBay report the seller NOW; then your credit card company and claim a refund.

Anyone can create a convincing looking invoice these days and with ease - If its not got a retailer (company) number, tax number /code and registered business address on it and that you can cross check with relevant government agencies, its pretty useless to be honest.

Aug 14, 2021 5:47 AM in response to malebouno

Still not seen , however refer my post a few moments ago .

You are the victim of fraud and have a useless brick while someone else has your money. So sorry to be blunt .

Again contact Ebay and report the seller and make a claim for a refund.

And contact your local enforcement agency to register a crime.

If it was delivered by a courier they will have a tracking record from point of collection, however types know this and tend to either hand deliver then scarper, or use conventional postal services to conceal their location.

Future safety considerations

Ebay does not encourage - will deliver or can be collected for xyz - This is against their trading terms because it invites fraud and criminal transactions

Alway always check sellers previous reviews

When buying a used iPhone always ensure its been factory reset and signed out from Apple Cloud ID and that its not network locked before exchanging money.

Aug 14, 2021 6:01 AM in response to Keith Doherty3

While that is a legitimate company address, and a good looking invoice - Still doesn't look right to me : its looks very much like a scanned and edited FAKE .

That company does exist and has generally positive customer reviews here in the UK.

However you would have a received a customs invoice and declaration in addition to that if they were legitimately exporting.

,nothing adds up.

How to get help to remove devise account lock created buy seller

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.