Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

14.7 HomePods not answering "Hey Siri"

I have several OG HomePods, and when I "Hey Siri" the one in my bathroom, it doesn't respond at all. The ones in the bedroom will answer the command. It's very weird. Even if I whisper the "Hey Siri" the top will light up, but the response comes from the ones in the other room. They aren't in stereo pairs. They aren't even in the same "room" in the "Home" app.

Not sure what's going on, but it's a bit weird. I'd love for Apple to get their "Home" app working correctly. My WeMo switches, and IKEA blinds keep falling out of HomeKit and getting "No Response" in Home, but work correctly from their apps. It seems like there's a problem with the HomeHub somehow. For me, that is the latest AppleTV, so it isn't like there isn't processing horsepower. Apple really needs to fix this.

HomePod, 14

Posted on Aug 14, 2021 6:24 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 14, 2021 11:22 AM

Apple TV and HomePods will act as Hubs.

Mine are doing this as well it, depends on where I am as I ask, so you can try rotating the HomePod to reposition the mic’s.

See: If HomePod isn't responding - Apple Support - Try restarting HomePods first

Similar questions

1 reply

14.7 HomePods not answering "Hey Siri"

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.