Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Original homepod stereo pair not playing content audio

I have a stereo pair of two original HomePods paired to an Apple TV 4K (the model that came out with the click pad remote, not the latest Siri Remote) and this has been happening for a while and I thought maybe updating to 16.1 would fix it but it hasn’t. So what is happening is that system sound audio is working just fine. I can hear the clicks when moving between app tiles, or opening an app. But when I go to play content from an app (YouTube, Netflix, hulu, etc.) the audio from the show or video doesn’t work. My workaround has been restarting the HomePods from the Home app on my phone. And this fix only lasts basically one day. All of my devices are running 16.1 and everything is on the same Wi-Fi network.

HomePod, 16

Posted on Oct 24, 2022 7:09 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 26, 2022 11:40 AM

Hey there Daulton94,

What happens when you try unlinking the stereo pair and only play through one of your HomePods? Use the steps to try it:

1. In the Home app on your iOS or iPadOS device, touch and hold the HomePod pair.
2. Scroll down, then tap the Settings button.
3. Tap Ungroup Accessories.

Set up a HomePod stereo pair - Apple Support

Should it persist, you can reset the HomePod and try setting them up again:

1. Open the Home app on your iPhone, iPad, or Mac that's signed in with the Apple ID that you used to set up HomePod.
2. Tap or click HomePod.
3. Select the Settings icon  or scroll down to HomePod settings.
4. Select Reset HomePod.
5. Select Reset.

Reset HomePod - Apple Support

Feel free to reply with more details if this continues.

Take care!

Similar questions

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 26, 2022 11:40 AM in response to Daulton94

Hey there Daulton94,

What happens when you try unlinking the stereo pair and only play through one of your HomePods? Use the steps to try it:

1. In the Home app on your iOS or iPadOS device, touch and hold the HomePod pair.
2. Scroll down, then tap the Settings button.
3. Tap Ungroup Accessories.

Set up a HomePod stereo pair - Apple Support

Should it persist, you can reset the HomePod and try setting them up again:

1. Open the Home app on your iPhone, iPad, or Mac that's signed in with the Apple ID that you used to set up HomePod.
2. Tap or click HomePod.
3. Select the Settings icon  or scroll down to HomePod settings.
4. Select Reset HomePod.
5. Select Reset.

Reset HomePod - Apple Support

Feel free to reply with more details if this continues.

Take care!

Original homepod stereo pair not playing content audio

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.