Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Stereo gen 1 HomePods not working again after updating to 16.3

So I’ve posted about this here before, and the issue was completely fixed with 16.2. But now when I turn on my Apple TV for the first time during the day, the audio from my stereo pair of gen 1 HomePods doesn’t work since I’ve updated to 16.3. To make them work I have to restart them in the home app, and then wait, and then skip forward ten seconds in whatever it is that I’m watching, and then the audio works just fine. Navigation clicks work on the Home Screen, but content audio doesn’t until I do the aforementioned workaround.

HomePod, 16

Posted on Jan 25, 2023 10:47 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 26, 2023 11:21 PM

Try these steps:

Reboot your wifi

On the Apple TV in settings - Users Accounts- your name - iCloud- sign out. 

Restart Apple TV in Settings- system - restart

then sign back in. 

Set up AirPlay & HomeKit again on the ATV

Select the default audio for HomePods

You might also want to check if the affected ATV Apps need an update. Or you can delete those apps, then reinstall from the App Store

Similar questions

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 26, 2023 11:21 PM in response to Daulton94

Try these steps:

Reboot your wifi

On the Apple TV in settings - Users Accounts- your name - iCloud- sign out. 

Restart Apple TV in Settings- system - restart

then sign back in. 

Set up AirPlay & HomeKit again on the ATV

Select the default audio for HomePods

You might also want to check if the affected ATV Apps need an update. Or you can delete those apps, then reinstall from the App Store

Jan 26, 2023 8:18 PM in response to Vancouver22

Oh I’ve had my HomePods as the default audio for a long time now. On the home page, system sounds work fine like the navigation clicks and the sound when you open an app. But it’s when you actually want to watch something that it doesn’t work and then the HomePods need to be restarted again. This was happening on 16.1, fixed on 16.2 and now it’s happening again on 16.3.

Stereo gen 1 HomePods not working again after updating to 16.3

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.