Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I set up my 14-year-old son’s on Apple Music account inside family sharing

How do I set it up where he can have his on Apple Music and it doesn’t add music to my Apple Music?

iPad Air 2, iPadOS 14

Posted on Aug 14, 2021 9:23 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 14, 2021 9:28 AM

Everyone can and should have their own Apple ID and not share an Apple ID, as adding music to your playlists is near the least bad of the problems that can and variously do arise…

Here is how ➡️ Create an Apple ID for your child - Apple Support

Some general info ➡️ Set up Family Sharing - Apple Support

You will need the Family Sharing subscription to Apple Music for this to work. The individual subscription won’t.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 14, 2021 9:28 AM in response to TheWhiteBlackGuy

Everyone can and should have their own Apple ID and not share an Apple ID, as adding music to your playlists is near the least bad of the problems that can and variously do arise…

Here is how ➡️ Create an Apple ID for your child - Apple Support

Some general info ➡️ Set up Family Sharing - Apple Support

You will need the Family Sharing subscription to Apple Music for this to work. The individual subscription won’t.

Aug 29, 2021 3:29 PM in response to indigokri

indigokri wrote:

I have Apple Music through Verizon, so when I go to add my child to Apple Music, there is a link that says "if you have Apple Music through Verizon click here", but the link just takes me to my apple music. I've tried customer support with Verizon and they were no help. Any ideas?

Based solely on the price shown after the offer expires (USD$9.99 per month), that’s the individual Apple Music plan and not the USD$14.99 shareable plan.

How do I set up my 14-year-old son’s on Apple Music account inside family sharing

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.