Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

GIFs disappeared from Facebook messenger for iOS

The last few days on my Facebook messenger app, I’ve tried to share a gif only to find that the option is missing. The app is updated. I don’t know if anyone else has had this problem but when I select the + sign button, I only get 3 options “ poll, create a room and a dollar sign but no gif option. Has anyone had this problem lately?

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

Posted on Aug 14, 2021 6:13 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 25, 2021 6:14 AM

In FB Messenger, they hide the GIF option. Tap the blue smiley face icon in the text area and that will open the GIF option. (Between you & me, it would’ve made more sense to place the GIF option with the others under the Plus icon instead) Confusing.

38 replies

Dec 25, 2021 7:13 PM in response to LaMusica30

I have the exact same problem. I know I’m a few months late but since the update it’s disappeared! There is only pay, make a room, or sent location when you click the plus sign. Then when you click happy face in keyboard it’s just regular emoji’s. (aimed at person 2 down) There is literally nothing!Ne

Am I missing something??

Cuz contacting FB is no help (Aimed at guy below) they don’t even respond.

GIFs disappeared from Facebook messenger for iOS

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.