Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Watch series 2, fails to pair and refuses to update.

I have an iPhone 12 Pro Max that is iOS 14.7.1 the newest iOS currently and an Apple Watch series 2, that is out of date. Attempting to pair the watch brings me to a screen that says the watch is out of date and then searches for the update and fails saying it’s not connected to the internet. I have reset my network settings on my phone, factory reset the watch, several times, restarted phone and watch and retried several times, it fails to find the update because it’s not connected to the internet. It sits on the charger and is at 100% I’m assuming because it won’t go past the pair screen or updating screen. I have tried literally sitting my phone on top of the watch and restarting Bluetooth. Don’t come at me with basic trouble shooting. I’m ready to break this watch with a hammer.

Apple Watch Series 2, watchOS 6

Posted on Aug 14, 2021 7:56 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 15, 2021 5:40 AM

I am unable to do any of these steps because the watch isn’t paired to my phone. I can’t get into the watch without pairing it. There is no downloaded update that I can delete from my phone. I’m encountering an error when trying to initially pair the watch and it’s saying it’s not connected to the internet. I can’t do anything from the watch because it gives the prompt continue on iPhone.

Similar questions

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 15, 2021 5:40 AM in response to Community User

I am unable to do any of these steps because the watch isn’t paired to my phone. I can’t get into the watch without pairing it. There is no downloaded update that I can delete from my phone. I’m encountering an error when trying to initially pair the watch and it’s saying it’s not connected to the internet. I can’t do anything from the watch because it gives the prompt continue on iPhone.

Apple Watch series 2, fails to pair and refuses to update.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.